Wednesday, September 19, 2007

September in San Francisco



I absolutely love San Francisco and I find any excuse to go up there from LA. It is only an hour flight or a 5 hour drive but it's like being in another world. For one, the city has a more urban and centralized feel than LA, so it is easy to get around either by foot or by public transit. I like staying in the downtown because it is close to all the shopping, there are lots of cute restaurants, and all the trains and buses are nearby.

This time I stayed at the perfect little Hotel Mark Twain. It is a reasonably priced property on Taylor right across from the Hilton. They have regular rooms as well as deluxe rooms that have a few extras such as an Ipod dock and a flat screen. The location was so wonderful. I walked out of my hotel and I was instantly in the bustling streets of San Fran.

Check out the Hotel Mark Twain



As always I did a lot of walking and eating while in town. The cutest place I went to was a little sushi joint called Osaka Sushi located in the Castro. It was very serene and the service was quick and friendly. They had an awesome lunch special that gave you two items from a list and miso soup, salad, soy beans, and rice. I got the salmon teriyaki and a spicy tuna roll. Good stuff.

Check out Osaka Sushi



But the real reason I was up in the Bay area was to cover the Treasure Island Festival. It was a new Coachella-style indie music festival being held in the bay just over the bridge from the city. The lineup was great with major talent such as M.I.A., Ghostland Observatory, Thievery Corporation, Mocean Worker, Cut Chemist and DJ Shadow, and Zion I. Be on the lookout for my article in Prefix Magazine fairly soon. So until my next time up in the Bay, I will miss you. Next up for me Florida and maybe a jaunt to Detroit!





* Special thanks to the San Francisco CVB and Hotel Mark Twain for assisting me on this trip!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails