Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Cayman Islands press trip


In the month of December I accomplished something really major for myself. I was invited to attend the Cayman Islands Jazz Festival in Grand Cayman in the Caribbean. I have been on many press trips but this was the first time I was representing myself and my own publication, Nu-Soul Magazine, on an all expense paid trip. And to the Caribbean, no less. The main focus of the trip was the Jazz Festival which featured performances over three nights by Anita Baker, Micheal Bolton, Robin Thicke, Angie Stone, Cassandra Wilson, Algebra, Esperanza Spalding, and many others but the highlight of the experience was chilling with the other writers as we explored the island.

The coolest thing I go to do was to swim with stingrays out on a sandbar where the water was just 3 feet deep. I was nervous at first since there were so many but they are quite gentle and they feel like velvet underneath when you touch them. What a beautiful experience! We also got to see a turtle farm, the beautiful botanic park, and chill at a quiet beach on the north end of the island called Rum Point. Check out the photos and the video of Stingray City.
















Check out my review of the Cayman Islands Jazz Fest Here

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails