Wednesday, August 01, 2007

2007 International Soul Music Summit

Last week I went to the International Soul Music Summit in Atlanta, Georgia and boy am I glad I did. It was an excellent networking conference for the soul music community. I was able to network with lots of industry insiders from around the world, meet artists and publicists face to face that I only knew through emails, get lots of important information on how to make my business grow, and of course, catch some amazing performances from some of the best talent in the underground scene. I managed to snap some pictures in between all of the networking and business card passing. I suck but you get the idea.
Peter Hadar performing at Bicentennial Olympic Park
Salakida performing
Underground artists panel

Me and Nu-Soul writer Bren Hererra
J-Rawls on the decks at a rooftop party
Fiona Bloom, Asya Shein, Will Griggs and others at the Grassroots Marketing panel
Rahbi at Fiona Bloom's Soul at Midnight Showcase @Apache Cafe
With Lucy Beer of Elemental Consulting
With publicist Jen Farris
Jennifer Johns @ Apache
Carrol Riddick blowing me away

With Okovie Ulukpo
Yahzarah killing it

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails