Friday, November 17, 2006

Nintendo Wii Launch Event



So I just landed my first freelance assignment with a magazine called BizBash. They basically cover events as a guide for event planners. My first event was for the Nintendo Wii launch party in Hollywood. It was pretty cool. Of course it was open bar but they had lots of huge video game displays and stations throughout the venue for you to play with. Mix Master Mike of the Beastie Boys fame was on the decks playing some proper hip-hop beats.

There were a bunch of celebrities strolling through there which was kinda interesting. I counted Justin Timberlake, Marlon Wayans, Freddy Rodriquez (Six Feet Under) and Macy Gray. Plus I saw that really hot girl from that old WB show Popular. The dark haired one, not that blonde bitch.

Anyway, the people were just ok. A bit too Hollywood wannabe for me and not enough solid networking going on. But I was definitely more excited about my first asisgnment for Biz Bash. Things are moving forward in my freelance career.



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails