Friday, November 03, 2006

Nu-Soul Magazine is Here!

Image hosted at PICTUB.com

After about 2 years in the making I have finally launched my website, Nu-soul. It's an online music magazine focusing on the sounds of soul and electronica. I have found that throughout my life I have listened to these two genres but they have a common link. Soul music is of course an African-American tradition but most do not realize that most forms of electronica were also created by those of African descent. Genres like techno, house, drum and bass, and breakbeat can be traced back to African-American traditions such as soul, funk, hip-hop and disco and are simply the modern forms of these styles. My website Nu-Soul hopes to explore these sounds through interviews, articles, reviews and more. Click the banner above to go check out the site!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails