Thursday, September 28, 2006

San Francisco Day 1



I am back and fully recovered from my wonderful trip to San Francisco. I went there to cover the San Francisco Love Fest for Prefixmag.com but also finally get to see the city since I have written several stories in Black Meetings & Tourism. Thank you to Tim at the CVB and Debbie at the Hilton San Francisco for everything. I got a excellent press kit from the CVB that had passes to many of the city's attractions as well as a pass for the train and the bus that really came in handy.

I arrived in San Fran early on Friday morning (around 9:30) and I took the train to my hotel. The Hilton is located on O'Farrell street, three blocks from Market street, and close to Union Square, so basically it is in the heart of San Francisco. Everything was in walking distance. No sooner had I sat my bags down was I back out the door to explore this magical city. San Fran reminded me of New York but much cleaner, not as crowded and with nicer people. It is just beautiful and I snapped photos of everything.

In one day I explore Union Square, Chinatown, Nob Hill, Market Street, The Modern Art Museum, The Embarcadero, The Waterfront, Fisherman's Wharf, I walked from one end of Powell Street to the other, Haight Ashbury, and the Castro.




No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails